8.10.2011

What To Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff

How does one write a book review on the encyclopedia of pregnancy?  This book is a must-have for first time moms-to-be.  It outlines month by month the baby's development, changes in your body, tests and exams to expect from your physician, and frequently asked questions.  There are sections about high risk pregnancies, tips for dads, postpartum and recovery, and multiples.  Throughout the book, you'll find tips on nutrition, exercise, and various ways to care for yourself and your baby in this season. 

My husband and I would read the weekly development updates together on Sunday nights.  It was something we really enjoyed sharing and talking about on a weekly basis (like when baby's heart started beating, when he opened his eyes for the first time, etc).  If you are looking to get this book, I'd recommend a newer edition (mine is 4th edition).  I flipped through a ten year old copy and didn't like the format nearly as much.  It has been so helpful in confirming symptoms for me and teaching us about our baby that we went out and got What To Expect The First Year.

No comments: