6.09.2011

A Year with C.S. Lewis by C.S. Lewis


My husband, Kyle, and I started each day with C.S. Lewis this past year along with our Bible devotional. The book contains excerpts from Lewis' works, and each entry highlights a topic intrinsic to Christian living. Having read a number of his books, it was nice to be reminded of important themes from texts like Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, and Screwtape Letters. I also was exposed to writings I have yet to read. I have Miracles waiting on my bookshelf to be read, and I'd really like to have my own copy of The Weight of Glory. I recommend this book as a supplement to your daily Bible study or something to share with others. It gave Kyle and me ample things to discuss and pray for in our lives. I even think it'd be cool for accountability groups as an ice breaker of a sort; each entry provides a short reading that presents thoughtful topics of discussion. Now, on to a year with Oswald!

No comments: